Oklahoma's National Register of Historic Places

Use your browser's back button to return to the query.

ID Number 95000034
Historic Name TEXACO SERVICE STATION
Description of Significance THIS MODERNE STYLE FILLING STATION, CONSTRUCTED CIRCA 1923, SERVED THE NEEDS OF LOCAL RESIDENTS BEFORE THE DESIGNATION OF ROUTE 66 THROUGH THIS COMMUNITY. AFTER THE CREATION OF ROUTE 66, THIS STATION SERVED LOCALS AND TRAVELERS. ITS STYLE IS RARE, AS MOST HOUSE WITH BAYS TYPE GAS STATIONS WERE DESIGNED TO RESEMBLE RESIDENTIAL ARCHITECTURE. NATIONAL REGISTER LISTED 2/23/1995.
Current Name TEXACO SERVICE STATION
Address 201 WEST FOURTH AVENUE
City BRISTOW
County CREEK
Lot N 65 FEET OF THE EAST HALF OF LOT 23 AND THE N 65 FEET OF LOT 24
Block 80
Current Section
Township
Range
Type BUILDING
Historic Function COMMERCE /TRADE
Current Function COMMERCE /TRADE
Area Signficance 1 COMMERCE
Area Significance 2 ARCHITECTURE
Date Prepared MAY 31, 1992
Year Built CA 1923
Original Site YES
Architect/Builder UNKNOWN
Architectural Style MODERNE
Roof Material ASPHALT
Wall Material STUCCO/CONCRETE
Window Material STEEL
Door Material WOOD
Decorative Details STUCCOED CONCRETE BELT COURSE, STREAMLINED CANOPY
Condition GOOD
Comments
Restricted N